Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Heartbroken

  I've been putting off this sad little post but I figured now was a good a time as any. My husband and I have more than a few cats, 5 total, but one is especially dear to him. A particular cat we called Gray Nuts or Lil Bits in polite company. He actually belonged to my neighbors with whom we are good friends with now.     One day this little gray cat showed up and for whatever reason  managed to weasel into our house. We found he got along quite well with our original 3 but of course was let out and disappeared. During this time we began talking to our new neighbors and found out he belonged to them. He continued to show up at our house wanting in and began staying longer and longer periods of time until eventually he never left. Unfortunately the neighbors' other cat did the same thing. You can see them in the picture below. That, however is another story.

When you have animals you have kids, plain and simple. At one point all the cats starting sleeping with us and Lil Bits was no exception. He favored my husband and followed him wherever he went. If my husband went outside he went too. He made sure to be home when my husband got off work and always came running when he saw our trucks pull up. It was quite comical to see him run when called in for dinner as he had an odd wiggly run due to previous hip surgery.Sadly over a week ago my husband let him out for the night and he didn't return. We thought that he just decided to be wild for awhile but still no Lil Bits.

My husband put his jacket on the chair and it officially became Lil Bits' spot.

I tried being hopeful about him being missing but I have to be logical.We live in a rural area where a lot of dogs just run around. I found 2 pitbulls laying at my front door once, both sound asleep! I have never been so heartbroken over an animal in my life. My husband is even worse since he's a big softie.

Both sound asleep.
Has any of you lost a pet or had one disappear? Did they ever reappear? Ugh... I may be a crazy cat lady...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...