Thursday, May 5, 2011

Run For The Roses



It's that time again! Some of you may know what I'm talking about from the title while others are just blinking at the screen imagining all manner of crazy things that have nothing to do with roses. The 1st Saturday in May is the Kentucky Derby and since the 'Call to Post' trumpet will ring in my head no matter where I am on Saturday, I thought I should say a little something. I grew up in Southern Indiana right next to Louisville, Ky and the two areas are basically one in the same. My family and everyone one I know have always had some sort of celebration on Derby. Some are die hard and go every year while others gather at home with friends and scream at the television for their horse to win. I am in Texas so no Derby for me but here are some adorable Etsy finds to get you in the mood for the most exciting 2 minutes in sports.


                                                                                         
Vintage Horse and Horse Shoe Lucky Necklace
vintage purple floppy hat


vintage souvenir Kentucky Derby

vintage-1930s-superb-leather-gloves

Get Ready For The Kentucky Derby


vintage platinum bracelet

sheer royal blue deco dress

mint julep bow brooch

vintage horse painting


1970 wrap skirt



1950s glasses

art deco ruby brooch

glass marble magnets

1970 swiss dot dress

vintage-casablanca-cartwheel-hat

art-deco-bar-pin

vintage-handsome-horses

derby-horse-pin


mod-1960s-jockey-hat

1930s-art-deco-watch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...